Nominations are now open!
Who is the woman of distinction in your life?
Nominate her by Tuesday, January 31, 2017
2017 Award Categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Canada’s 150th Community Builder
- Community Champion
- Education, Training and Mentorship
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Trades and Labour
- Young Woman of Distinction (16 – 21 years)
What is Women of DistinctionTM?
Women of DistinctionTM is a celebration of women who are role models, pioneers and outstanding achievers – they improve the quality of life in our community.
When does the event take place?
The 2017 Women of DistinctionTM Fundraising Gala will take place on Thursday, May 4, 2017 at the River Run Centre.
What does the event support?
Women of DistinctionTM supports Guelph Y programs for girls and women at all stages of life in Guelph and Wellington County, including:
- Power of Being a GirlTM – a one day conference for girls that helps build self-esteem and raises awareness about healthy relationships
- Teenage Parents Program (TAPPs) – a program that supports the personal growth and development of pregnant and parenting teens and their families and connects them with valuable resources
- Encore – a holistic program for women with breast cancer to help them build their own physical strength, as well as feel the strength and support of a community
|We are delighted to announce that Sue Smith will be the 2017 Women of DistinctionTM Honorary Chair. Read more about Sue’s inspirational story here.|
If you have any questions, please contact Erica Charlesworth, Supervisor of Development and Communications, at email@example.com or 519-824-5150 ext. 255.